Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Selecting an MBA college - A Herculean Task

Bye Bye ICFAI :-( . Since the last couple of weeks , I am completely in the state of dilemma. As you know I joined ICFAI Pune for pursuing MBA .It's been a great one month in ICFAI. I came across a few good friends who I thought would be friends forever. But last week I came to know that I am selected in K.J.Somaiya for Retail MBA. I was completely confused.To add to the confusion , my CET results are still pending. I have unjoined ICFAI Pune, as K.J.Somaiya is surely the better option than ICFAI, and I lost my 1st installment of INR 80,000 which is non-refundable(It hurts) .Now I have to pay INR 1,60,000 at K.J.Somaiya as 1st year fees. KJ.Somaiya is no doubt a good college and has a good brand name in the industry. But what if I pay the fees here and I get through a good college through CET whose results will come in a month’s time. I’ll have to sacrifice this 1,60,000 plus 80,000 of ICFAI totaling to almost 2.5 lacs(It hurts more badly).And what if i dont take an admision in K.J.Somaiya and to my dismay i also don't get a good college through CET . It would be like धोबी का कुत्ता ,ना घर का ना घाट का .I don’t understand what to do.I am completely perplexed. I think i'll have to take risk and take an admission in K.J.Somaiya. I still have time. I’ll think about it from all angles and try to analyze my situation and will come up to an optimal solution taking into consideration the fees, the college reputation, the pay packages etc. Lets see what's in store for me.
Leave this thing aside. what i actually want to tell is that this particular episode made me realized about a very important thing which I would like to share. In order to become a successful manager, along with good communication and persuasive skills ,you should also have following mentioned skills.:
-Decision Making ability
-Thinking from different angles or perspectives.
-Choosing a best alternative
I think before getting into an MBA college, the selection procedure, choosing the best college from the available, group discussion, interviews and all this stuff surely trains you to become a good manager. While selecting a college, we have to think a lot which improves our thinking ability from different perspectives. We choose the best college among the alternatives that we have.We analyze all the colleges based on different parameters and then finally get into the college that we feel is the best among the choices we have.This also enhances our decision making ability where we choose the best and optimal alternative among a number possible solutions and among the number of resources we have. I think a person who goes through such kind of situation while getting into an MBA college will surely do wonders in his course.

No comments: