Friday, May 2, 2008

First Day at ICFAI Pune

Aspiring to become an MBA , I got an admission to ICFAI Pune and today was the very first day of my college. Frankly speaking, it was awesome. First day is always about anxiety,nervousness and also a bit of excitement as you are going to a place you've never been and meeting people whom you've never met in your entire life so far. So it was a blend of feelings for me. But it turned out really good. Never expected such kind of opening.
The day started off at 9 am.I was not used to getting up so early .Actually last 2 months had been a good vacation period(The period after you get selected and before your college actually starts). I was very much in my lethargic state but somehow managed to reach college by 9.05 am (yaha pe bhi late ...) . I was really worried about being late. 'n' number of threatning thoughts started rubbing my mind. Late on the very first day itself . May be the director will berate me in front of whole college. May be he'll suspend me. My impression will go down on the very first day. All such kind of thoughts were troubling my mind. But somehow i helped myself and reached the college. Ironically,I was able to find a few students in the campus. Then i discovered that the college actually starts at 10.30 am and someone gave me the wrong information. I heaved a sigh of relief for a fraction of second before i realised that what i am goin to do till 10.30 alone. Luckily, i met one guy named sonil jain who also came early and we had a good chat ,we saw college building(There was hardly anything there worth seeing).At 10.30 ,we were given the schedule . It started with the registration , then an ice-breaking session and ended with an induction program and welcome tea(There were no lectures as this was the very first day).Ice-breaking session was a real fun .This session was specially conducted in order to get acquainted with your batch mates. We were given a list of questions related to our colleagues.There were questions such as 'Find a person in your batch who has same sun sign as you ' , Find a batchmate who has lived in pune for more than 15 years ' and so on . We had to interact with the batch mates and find the correct answers. The first three persons to finish all the questions were supposed to get a prize. I never thought that i would able to do it but to my surprise i was able to complete it third among around 70 students and won the prize. Wow!! ,i said ,howz that ?? A prize on a very first day . As the day progressed ,i was able to interact with more and more batchmates Everyone was very friendly and i already made around half a dozen of friends.That was more than expected for me. Campus was a bit disappointing , it doesn't feel as if you are in a college .Its a small three storeyed building. But the people, the environment and the culture overshadows the disappointment of a small campus.Aspirants from almost every corner of our country have taken an admission.There are people from Gujarat,Rajasthan,Madhya Pradesh,WestBengal ,Tamil Nadu,Maharashtra and so on. On the whole, a good college and a great first day. I am looking forward to my 2-year long journey with ICFAI pune. Lets see whats in store for me.

No comments: